Events & Getting Involved
Transfer Center Events
Fall 2021 Events! - Academic support, community buildling and more
Dates and information coming soon
National Transfer Student Week
Join us in fall quarter to celebrate transfer students! This is a national event celebrated by campuses across the country.
Week 10 & Finals Study Breaks
During week 10 and finals week of fall, winter, and spring quarters we will have various study breaks for students. From donuts and coffee to late night and weekend study time in the center the transfer center is here to support you through finals stress.
Each fall and spring quarter we will celebrate our graduating transfers. We believe it is important for our Transfer Center to be recognized for the many successes, learning and adaptability it takes to graduate from Cal Poly.
If you are graduating a different quarter reach out to us and we will make sure to celebrate with you too.
Spaces to Get Involved
Explore some of the many ways to get involved on campus. If you are seeking to find a community at Cal Poly we also encourage you to come to one of the Transfer Center events (see above for more details).
“Get involved and challenge yourself to make Cal Poly your new home. It is hard at the beginning to figure out where everything is because it takes time. But make the effort early on so you can feel more at home.” — Current CP transfer student
Check out these affinity spaces to find other students and staff with similar identities to yourself!
- Black Academic Excellence Center - for Black and African American students to gain resources, community and support.
- Center for Military Connected Students - for veterans or students who have family in the military to gain support and resources.
- Disability Resource Center - for students with physical and non-physical disabilities to acquire support and community.
- Dream Center - for undocumented or DACAmented students to seek support and gain community.
- Gender Equity Center - for students of all marginalized genders, inclusive of all those who are womxn, feminine-of-center, trans, and nonbinary.
- International Center - for international student advising and a space to meet other international students.
- Men and Masculinities - for students to express ideas and expressions of masculinities through programming and community.
- Multicultural Center - for students of historically underrepresented groups to build community and express their multicultural identities.
- Pride Center - for students of all gender identities, sexualities and expressions.
- SAFER - for students who are interested in, or identify with, the response to and prevention of gender- and power-based violence.
Career, Leadership & Service
Interested in building your resume or gaining new skills? Check out these departments and resources!
- Associated Students Incorporated - ASI is home to Cal Poly's Student Government which offers great leadership opportunities.
- Career Services - Meet with a Career Counselor, get resume feedback, practice interviewing and attend the annual Career Fair to get a head start on job searching!
- Center for Leadership - Earn a leadership certificate and participate in campus-wide leadership opportunities to boost your skills and resume.
- Center for Service in Action - Participate in community service within the SLO community and beyond!
- Inter Housing Council - Expand your skills and experience by getting involved in Residential Student Government.
- New Student and Transition Programs - Give back and enhance the Orientation experience by providing your insight and knowledge with newly admitted students.
- Peer Health Educators - Help educate our campus community by providing workshops on physical, mental and sexual health.
Often you can find academic support and opportunities within your College or in your identity-based spaces, but additional spaces include:
- Disability Resource Center - for students with disabilities to seek support and services.
- International Center - for international student advising and services.
- LibRAT Program - for students to seek peer-to-peer research support, includes opportunities to support other students.
- Research Databases - for students looking to get involved in research projects on campus and around the world.
- Study Abroad - for study abroad advising which includes academic, research and internship programs.
- Writing and Learning Center - for students to seek tutoring or writing support, includes opportunities to assist other students.
Student Clubs & Organizations
Here are some additional spaces to find your community and gain skills and experience that will support your journey at Cal Poly and beyond!
- Clubs and Organizations - Find one of the 350+ clubs that align with your interests in or outside the classroom.
- Fraternity and Sorority Life - Build a community and gain skills and experience by joining a fraternity or sorority.
- If you are involved in Cal Poly Scholars, Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), or TRIO we encourage you to engage in the programs and opportunities they have for students (both their transfer specific programs and their programs for all students within the program).