About Cal Poly Transfers
Cal Poly's transfer student population is incredibly diverse. We hope this page will help you learn more about our transfer population. To learn more about the transfer experience and hear about individual transfer students journey's before and during Cal Poly - check out our Transfer Student Spotlights.
New Transfer Students in Fall 2021: Who are they?
- 853 new transfers joined Cal Poly in fall 2021
- 95% are California Residents
- 29% are First Generation
- College Breakdown -
- 216 - College of Engineering
- 205 - College of Liberal Arts
- 175 - Orfalea College of Business
- 141 - College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
- 82 - College of Science and Mathematics
- 33 - College of Architecture and Environmental Design
Download the full fall 2021 new transfer fact sheet prepared by the Transfer Center to provide more visibility of the status and demographics of our transfer student population on campus.
Explore Cal Poly's most recent* Institutional Research Fact Books for information on:
- Enrollment data for new transfers
- Persistence and graduation rate trends
- Persistence Rate Trends New Transfers - updated Dec 2021
- Explore college specific profiles
Admissions Profile for Applicant Yields and New Enrollments is broken down for first-time first years (FTFY) and new transfers (NTR)
*Fact Books are updated annually and the link provided will reflect the most recent data. Check back each year to see changes and trends.
Explore the CSU Dashboard for the CSU GI 2025 Initiative
The CSU is committed to utilizing evidenced-based decision making in support of our students’ success. The tools below are meant to engage our partners, foster cultures of inquiry, and help all stakeholders in this enterprise identify and pursue those changes with the greatest potential to benefit our students.
- For Faculty, Staff, and Administrators, access detailed data analyses, visuals and predictive analytics with the CSU Student Success Dashboard.
We encourage you to explore the equity gaps dashboard and the graduation initiative dashboard.
- For the General Public, see information on enrollments, graduation rates and achievement gaps on CSU by the Numbers.