Recently Accepted Transfer Students
Congratulations on being accepted to Cal Poly! We are excited to have you joining our Mustang community.
Now that you have been accepted, you will have to take some steps to complete your enrollment. You can review the information about steps for accepted transfer students on the Cal Poly Admissions website but you will need to manage everything through your My Cal Poly Portal.
- Submit your final transcript no later than July 15th
- Transfer credit processing (matriculation) will take some time, but you'll be notified when your credits have been evaluated - this process will be complete sometime in August before SLO Days. Learn more about transfer credit from the Office of the Registrar.
- You will need to submit final transcript(s) from all colleges/universities you have attended.
- Some students may need to submit other documents and will be notified accordingly. Any official AP or IB exams transfer students wish to receive college credit for should also be submitted by this date.
- Cal Poly is unable to provide advising, consultation on courses to take, or discussion about course articulation for students until after they have committed, submitted their final transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended, and been matriculated by the Office for the Registrar.
- During the summer SLO Days Orientation, you will have time to meet with your college to learn about which courses to take and the registration process.
- Explore your degree flowchart (know that this is not the exact order you have to take things but rather a suggestion) - some colleges do have transfer specific flowcharts that can be found on their college specific transfer advising page.
- If courses you thought would matriculate do not, you will be able to work with an advisor to evaluate if you should fill out a course substitution form for additional review and possible credit at that time.
Helpful Resources and Engagement Opportunities
- Participate in Cal Poly's Open House
- Take a campus tour (available virtually)
- You can also check out college specific information
- Watch this virtual tour created by our campus Poly Reps
- Review the acceptance terms and conditions
- Register for SLO days (in August) and WOW (the week before school starts)
Housing and Transportation
Each student has different plans when it comes to living and transportation options. Below are links to different opportunities for students:
- On Campus Housing
- If you are in TRIO, CP Scholars, or EOP there is the option to live in those communities on campus. We encourage you to explore that great option!
- Commuting student parking
- Commuting options
- Your Cal Poly ID allows you to ride the SLO City bus for free!
- Dining programs
Registering for Fall Quarter
- Incoming transfer registration happens after transfer SLO Days.
- Seats are held in classes for transfer students.
- During SLO Days you will learn about Cal Poly's registration tools and have time to connect with an academic advisor about which classes you should register for.
- You can look at the fall suggested courses lists on your colleges transfer page (from the resources page, click on academic advising, then choose your college).
- Academic advisors cannot properly advise you until your courses have been matriculated and your degree progress report has been updated. This is why they cannot meet with you to discuss your courses for fall until SLO Days.